Sunday, December 23, 2007

2007 a year in fishing infamy...

What a year !!!

The Lord blessed me this year with many, many fishing opportunities.
  • I fished at Crappie Camp on Lake Greeson in Arkansas and won 2nd place in Big Crappie (1 lb. 15 oz.).
  • I went to Hawkridge Fly Casting Clinic in Glen Rose, Texas.
  • I fly fished on the South Llano River in Junction, Texas at Oktoberfisch.
  • I went with some buddies to Beavers Bend, Oklahoma fly fishing on the Lower Mountain Fork River.
  • Patty and I crappie fished on Lake Bonham and she claims to have outfished me.
  • Aaron and I crappie fished on Lake Bonham and he caught a 6 pound LMB.
  • Patty and I went to the TFF Bream Bustin/Fish Fry event at Fairfield Lake.
  • I fished Towne Lake, Coffee Mill, Lake Fork, Lake Pickens, Texoma, Loy Lake, Waterloo Lake (for rainbow trout), Lake Lavon, Lake Lewisville, Ray Roberts, The Red River, and Lake Dean Gilbert.
  • Yesterday I fished Tawakoni with my brother and DJ from the yak.
  • I visited the Dallas and Red River Fly Fishing Clubs on several occasions.
  • I participated in a fly swap and am currently tying jigs for a jig swap.
Additionally:
  • I attended the TPWD Angler Instructors Course and am now certified to teach youth the life-long sport of fishing.
  • Patty bought me a new boat and motor for Valentines Day.

  • I got two kayaks.
It's going to be tough to top this in 2008 but I intend to do it. :-)

"Tight Lines to ya"

Ole Rev TCF

No comments: