Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year, New Fish

Well here we are 2012!!!
I have turned over a new leaf this year.
In the past I have caught and released hundreds of stocker trout.
This year I was convinced to keep some, clean them, and cook them.
I did just that. I took home a limit of 5, cut their heads off,
gutted them, removed the blood vein from the cavity, seasoned them,
and put them in the Orion. After 45 minutes I removed them and they
were fully cooked and ready to eat. You could slightly lift the skin
near the tail with a fork, hold the meat down and pull the tail which
removed all of the skin and the bones leaving nice flaky white fish.
We really enjoyed them. So, I went back on several occasions while on
my Christmas break (in January) and caught a limit, cleaned them,
and Patty put them in the freezer.



Saturday I got to take one of my 3 year old clients on a fishing trip to Bethany Lakes. He was able to catch (due to my excellent guiding skills) a bass and 2 bluegills.


No comments: