Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another great weekend...

This weekend started off really good with the purchase of my new kayak.
Thursday night I picked up an Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT.
Friday morning I met my brother (at 5AM :-{) at Lake Tawakoni to take her on her maiden voyage. We got on the lake and within minutes I was hooked up with a big ole buckemouth. I fought it for a while and when I brought it near the yak it jumped and spit my bait. We fished for several hours and, as usual, with Tawakoni the wind got up. It didn't stop us from catching fish. I caught a 12 and a 15 and Don caught a bunch of 10-12" dinks and a big catfish.

Photobucket

Today I took it to Waterloo and played in the wind some more. I did manage to catch a crappie before the wind convinced me to go home.

Photobucket


No comments: