Sunday, November 16, 2008

Latest TCF news...

Last week I went fishing at Lake Fork with my brother. When we got there he opened the back of his truck and showed me a fly tying desk. He asked what I thought of it and I replied that it was "very cool". He said "good because it's yours".

TCF fly tying bench

Oh, and he caught all the fish that morning.
I caught the proverbial

Photobucket

I recently went to the Red River to take a look at the water level. When I got there the level was GREAT and I observed a guide boat on the river wearing out the stripers. Well, I couldn't pass that up so I grabbed my fly rod, 2 clousers, and my vest and off I went. I waded out about knee deep and began casting. On my second cast I hooked up with a nice striper.

Photobucket
Please excuse the quality of the pic. This was an unplanned trip so the camera was home. I used my cell phone in a pinch.

This weekend I signed up for a jig swap so I had to get it in gear and tie 20 jigs. I got them all done and even made a custom jig/fly box to ship them back and forth in.

C.C JIG SWAP 2008

I'm off tuesday through Saturday of next week so stay tuned for more misadventures of Ole TCF.

No comments: