Monday, June 23, 2014

Fun with friends!

Last Saturday the Red River Fly Fishers held their 10th Annual "Texoma on the Fly" event at Eisenhower State Park on beautiful Lake Texoma. Myself and a whole covey of my friends were there to assist with the fun.

Pictured are myself, Keira Quam, Al Hillman, Jere Anderson, TPWD Teddy, and a young participant.

We helped with teaching various fly fishing topics including fish habitat, freshwater fish identification, entomology, knot tying, TPWD rules & ethics, fly tying, fly casting, and many more.

After the event a bunch of us loaded up and went to Lake Pickens for an afternoon of kayak fly fishing.


Included in that trip were Keira, Les and Kay Jackson, Gene Canney and his son Clayton, and yours truly.
The fish were cooperative and we caught bass, bluegills, green sunfish, and one of us caught a big ole channel cat.



I was real excited to be able to test paddle my new Native Ultimate FX15 for the first time.
I paddled it in the solo mode and it handles like a dream. I even stood up in it and didn't fall in or out. :)


Nothing beats a fun day of fishing related "stuff" with good friends.


Tight lines,
The Rev


No comments: