Sunday, July 5, 2009

Big Bass Friday...

I went to Prosper Lake on friday with Don and some friends to do a little yak fishing.
I fished with my fly rods and did real well on the 2wt but only got a few "pecks" on the 5wt fishing a 4"lizard or a 4" metal flake worm. So, I decided to just fish the 2wt and catch some gills and redears until I wound up catching a 2 1/2 inch bluegill. Then I got the bright idea to hook the bluegill with the worm hook on my 5wt and cast it out. I paddled around the lake for a while with the bluegill swimming and tossing my 2wt when BAM !!! The 5wt bent double and the fight was on. I fought it for approximately 8 to 10 minutes before it took a jump so I could see what I had on. It then sounded for a while and I was finally able to get her to the top and lip her. She measured a little over 22 inches and we guesstimated her to be right at 5 pounds.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: